The South East Europe Media Organisation (SEEMO), calls for nominations for the 2016 Dr Erhard Busek-SEEMO Award for Better Understanding in South, Eastern and Central Europe.
Eligible to be nominated are journalists, editors, media executives, media experts, writers or journalism trainers in South, East and Central Europe, who have contributed to promoting better understanding in the region and have worked towards ending minority-related problems, ethnic divisions, racism, xenophobia, gender discrimination, homophobia, etc.
The winner will be awarded EUR 3,000.
The candidates must come from, work in or cover the following geographic area (SEEMO region): Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy ,Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia (Republic of Macedonia / FYROM), Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
The deadline for applications is 31 July 2016 noon Central European Time.
All application materials must be received by email and registered post at the SEEMO office by the deadline.
Should you wish to nominate a candidate for the 2016 Dr. Erhard Busek SEEMO Award for Better Understanding in South, Eastern and Central Europe, please send the following materials :
- Letter of nomination with basic details about the candidate and the reasons why you would like to nominate them, in English by email and registered post;
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidate, in English, by email and registered post;
- Additional materials: please include a list of the candidate’s merits; information about the media outlet(s) that have published and/or broadcast the candidate’s work; relevant material, including copies of articles, TV, video or radio material on a USB-stick. Video, audio and print material in local languages should be accompanied by a short synopsis in English. If materials are available online, please send a document that lists the relevant links as supporting material. Additional materials MUST be sent as hard copies by registered post only, not by email. Unfortunately, additional materials cannot be returned. Please make sure to send copies rather than original material.
- Your contact information: name; address; cell phone, phone and fax number; email address, by email and registered post;
- Candidate’s contact information: name, address, phone number and email address,by email and registered post;
- If you would like to nominate a media outlet, an organisation or an institution, please include details about the person who would accept the award on its behalf, by email and registered post;
- If your nomination is supported by an organisation or a media outlet, please send us the name, email and phone of a contact person from the institution supporting your nomination and a short supporting letter, by email and registered post;
- If your nomination is supported by an individual or individuals, please send us their details, contact information (email, phone) and a short supporting letter, by email and registered post.
Materials listed in points 1, 2 and 4-8 should be sent by both email to [email protected], and by registered post to the SEEMO office in Vienna, Austria. Documents and materials under point 3 should be sent ONLY by registered post to the SEEMO office in Vienna, Austria:
Ms. Anna Schmidt – for BUSEK AWARD
South East Europe Media Organisation (SEEMO) (IPI office)
Spiegelgasse 2 / 29 1010 Vienna
The winner will be chosen by an international jury composed of distinguished journalists and media experts. Members of the jury cannot be nominated for the award.
The award will be presented on 23 November 2016 in Belgrade, Serbia, by Dr. Erhard Busek during the annual meeting of the Commission on Media Policy.
For questions and more information please write to [email protected] .
For information on previous winners see SEEMO call for the Busek award.