The European Press Prize is awarded in four different categories. Each award is for 10,000 euros, to be spent wherever possible on a personal project that may, in turn, enrich the practice of journalism. The judges are also empowered to award a special prize for particular excellence.
Journalists working in Europe and journalists writing for a European media organisation or blog can submit their work. The work submitted must have a publication date between December 1st 2017 and December 31st 2018.
- INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING AWARD – For discovering and revealing facts, exposing hidden news to the public.
- DISTINGUISHED REPORTING AWARD – For exceptional reporting, telling a story in the best possible way.
- OPINION AWARD – For a remarkable textual interpretation of the world we live in.
- INNOVATION AWARD – For challenging the current boundaries of journalism with a new idea or method.
- SPECIAL AWARD – The judges award a special prize for excellent journalism to one striking entry which defies categories and disciplines.
The nominated works will be published on the website of the European Press Prize.
Find out more and submit your work via European Press Prize website.