SEENPM, a network of 18 media development organisations in Central and South East Europe, is seeking to appoint a Communication and Admin Officer to play an important role in a new phase of its organizational development and implementation of its strategic plan.
Reporting to SEENPM´s executive director, the officer will work on coordinating the network’s internal and external communication and perform administrative tasks to support the operation of its secretariat.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Liaison with network members
– To maintain regular contact with all network members
– To collect information on member activities
– To inform members on the activities of SEENPM secretariat
– To facilitate communication among network members
– To help coordinate collection and production of content items for SEENPM’s publications
– To edit content for publication
– To coordinate and execute publication schedules
– To support and track communications with external partners
Admin and operational responsibilities
– To update databases on members’ work and institutional profiles
– To maintain databases on the work of SEENPM secretariat
– To keep track of SEENPM contractual obligations
– To assist with maintenance of financial documentation
– To assist with compilation of documentation for grant reports
– To assist with organisation of SEENPM events
– To represent the network at business meetings and in public
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Advanced communication skills, including solid command of new media techniques
– Advanced command of English, including proven editing skills
– High level of computer literacy
– Ability to learn quickly
– Ability to work independently, take initiative and ownership
– Good knowledge of media scenes in Central and Southeast Europe
– Experience of working in media or communication sectors
The candidates must be based and be eligible to work in one of the following countries: Albania; Bosnia; Kosovo; Macedonia; Montenegro; Serbia. This is a full‐time position. The contract will be for an initial two-year period with possibility of renewal and with a six months probation period.
To apply, please, send your CV accompanied with a letter of interest outlining how your skills and experience are suited for the role. Please, e-mail your application to email@example.com by 21 September at 18:00 CET. Questions regarding this announcement can be sent to the same email address by 11 September. Virtual interviews are expected to take place in the week of 28 September. We expect the successful candidate to start as soon as possible. We regret that due to a high number of expected applications we will be contacting shortlisted candidates only.
SEENPM (South East European Network for Professionalization of the Media) is a network of 18 media centres and institutes across Central and South Eastern Europe. From Albania to Moldova and from Bulgaria to Slovenia, its members strive to protect and defend freedom of the Press and journalism professional standards. SEENPM´s Vision is of a region where free, independent and professional media strengthens Freedom of Expression as a cornerstone of democracy in a united and diverse Europe. SEENPM believes that societies that don’t respect freedom of expression as a fundamental right and journalists as key stakeholders in exercising of this right are losing out on social, political, cultural and economic development. Since its foundation in 2000, SEENPM´s objective has been to provide media professionals and media outlets with tools to report on the new shape the region was taking. SEENPM also aims at creating an environment where freedom of the press is protected and promoted.