SEENPM member organisations seek project proposals aimed at strengthening capacities of civil society organisations (CSOs) to help safeguard media freedom and pluralism in the Western Balkans.
This call for proposals is part of Resilience: Civil Society for Media Free of Hate and Disinformation, a regional project supported by the European Union and implemented in the Western Balkans and Turkey.
The call is for CSOs in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia operating in the fields of media, education, human rights, or gender equality. Applications from partnerships of CSOs (all from the country in which the proposed project would take place) are strongly encouraged.
In each country, the budget available for grants totals EUR 36,000.
Requested grants must be between EUR 3,000 and 9,000. Co-financing is not required.
The duration of proposed projects must be between 9 and 18 months.
Project activities should be primarily focused on small towns and rural areas.
Calls for proposals in national languages, as well as guidelines for applicants and application forms are available on the websites of the Resilience project partners on the following links:
- Albania: Albanian Media Institute
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Mediacentar Sarajevo
- North Macedonia: Macedonian Institute for Media
- Montenegro: Montenegrin Media Institute
- Serbia: Novi Sad School of Journalism
Application procedure includes two steps:
1) Submission, evaluation and selection of concept notes (open call)
2) Submission, evaluation and selection of full proposals (restricted call)
Submission deadlines for concept notes are:
- Albania: 12 October by 23.59
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: 7 October 2020 by 23.59
- North Macedonia: 12 October by 23.59
- Montenegro: 14 October by 23.59
- Serbia: 8 October 2020 by 23.59
Questions with regards to this call for proposals can be sent to contacts indicated in the national calls referred to above where dates and times of information sessions in each country are also available.
The regional program ‘RESILIENCE: Civil society action to reaffirm media freedom and counter disinformation and hateful propaganda in Western Balkans and Turkey’ is implemented with the support of the European Union by partner organizations SEENPM, Albanian Media Institute, Mediacentar Sarajevo, Kosovo 2.0, Montenegrin Media Institute, Macedonian Institute for Media, Novi Sad School of Journalism, Peace Institute and Bianet.