Kosovo Media Institute (KMI) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization, envisioned as a training and media advocacy center for the media sector in Kosovo*.
It was established at the request of Kosovo’s* media outlets to be serving their needs.
Instrumental in bringing about the KMI was OSCE which provided needed equipment and for a certain period supported KMI’s operational costs.
KMI objectives are :
- To enhance professional skills of journalists in Kosovo*
- To enhance professional skills of media professionals in Kosovo*
- To support development of independent, free and pluralistic media in Kosovo*
- To develop strong relationship between journalists and media professionals in Kosovo* and those abroad, especially in the region of South East Europe
- To organize and implement PR and other activities for interested organizations thus increasing its revenues in order to become more self-sustained
- Pre-career journalism diploma course
- Mid-career journalism course
- Tailor-made courses
- Air time of local radio stations to media buyers
- PR services
- Rental of training premises fully equipped with training and media related equipment