The contest brings together jourrnalists from all over the world. The winners share the biggest monetary prize in the history of journalism.
The mission of Fetisov Journalism Awards is to promote universal human values such as honesty, justice, courage and nobility through the example of outstanding journalists from all over the world as their dedicated service and commitment contribute to changing the world for the better.
- Promotion of contemporary journalism as a unique profession that contributes to transforming the lives of individuals, communities and the world as a whole
- Spreading the word about inspiring deeds of the award nominees and winners
- Bringing journalists together as a community of like-minded people willing to raise journalism to an entirely new level and to meet new demands
- Organization of annual global contests for journalists in order to distinguish the works of those who bring up hot-button issues and have widespread impact
- Rewarding outstanding journalists with major money prizes for their dedicated work
- Helping nominees and winners to achieve greater visibility by publishing their works on the website of the contest and in printed media
- Outstanding Contribution to Peace
- Contribution to Civil Rights
- Outstanding Investigative Reporting
- Excellence in Environmental Journalism
How to enter
Entries to the competition must be submitted before October 1st, 2019.
The shortlist of finalists will be defined by November 20th, 2019. The finalists will be notified accordingly.
Winning projects in each category will be revealed at the award ceremony on January 22nd, 2020.
The total prize fund is 520,000 CHF. Three winners in each category share a monetary prize of 130,000 CHF (including taxes, as stipulated by the legislation in force):
The first prize winner receives 100,000 CHF.
The second prize winner receives 20,000 CHF.
The third prize winner receives 10,000 CHF.
No submission fees are charged.